geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec first early access release
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:46:40 GMT
David,
While searching the JSR-317 draft for direction regarding early access
naming, I found that the notice (page 2) includes the clauses below, notably
item iii.  Does clause iii need to be added to the NOTICE in the EA jar?
 Also, should the Geronimo EA NOTICE use "JPA 2.0 EARLY ACCESS" instead of
simply "JPA 2.0" in order to meet clause ii?

<jsr-317 draft>
NOTICE
2.Distribute implementations of the Specification to third parties for their
testing and evaluation use, provided that any such implementation:
(i) does not modify, subset, superset or otherwise extend the Licensor Name
Space, or include any public or protected packages, classes, Java
interfaces, fields or methods within the Licensor Name Space other than
those required/authorized by the Specification or Specifications being
implemented;
(ii)is clearly and prominently marked with the word "UNTESTED" or "EARLY
ACCESS" or "INCOMPATIBLE"
or "UNSTABLE" or "BETA" in any list of available builds and in proximity to
every link initiating its download, where the list or link is under
Licensee's control; and
(iii)includes the following notice:
"This is an implementation of an early-draft specification developed under
the Java Community Process (JCP) and is made available for testing and
evaluation purposes only. The code is not compatible with any specification
of the JCP."
</jsr-317 draft>

-Jeremy