geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r731662 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/sharedlib/src/main/resources/shared: EMPTY classes/EMPTY lib/EMPTY
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:11:09 GMT
Hi Joe, thanks for the review.

I added these back in because in GERONIMO-4479, it reports the following error -

2008-12-30 16:24:38,953 ERROR [PluginInstallerGBean] Installed 'org.apache.geron
imo.configs/sharedlib/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car' configuration into repository but cannot
locate file to copy shared

The error is not important at all and should not impact any function
after I found out the cause, but it looks a big prob to our end user.
The defect is marked as blocker proved that. :-)

Basically, sharedlib plugin's metadata instructs the plugininstaller
to copy the shared directory, but the plugininstaller cannot find the
shared directory because it got lost somewhere when we install it.
And the only reason it got lost is because it is an empty folder which
we don't handle well.

Jarek reminded me offline that he has a workaround to copy the empty
folders into the sharedlib plugin and I am trying to see if we can
preserve the empty folder during install of the plugin (without adding
the EMPTY file).

Thanks again

Lin