geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [About WebBeans Integration]
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:15:01 GMT

On Jan 7, 2009, at 3:08 AM, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We are developing the implementation of the JSR-299 WebBeans
> specification as an incubator, OpenWebBeans. In the last
> specification, it says that this functionality must be integrated
> into the Java EE 6.0 Servers. Currently, OpenWebBeans is working as
> a plugin (i.e configure in the web.xml via ServletCotnextListener,
> Filter etc.).
>
> Do you have any plan to integrate this stuff into the Geronimo
> runtime? If so, how could we collaborate on this to start rolling
> the ball?

Hi Gurkan,
Thanks for the note. We haven't shifted our focus to Java EE 6, quite
yet. As you know, Java EE 6 content is still being finalized. That
said, there may be people interested in WebBeans, within this
community. It would definitely be interesting to see some form of
OpenWebBeans integration in Geronimo. Of course, if anybody's
interested... Please have a look...

--kevan