geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Dual ActiveMQ configuration style [WAS: Add tomcat-specific configuration]
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:10:03 GMT
Hi David,

Your post is opportunistic for me to raise some concerns on dual
configuration style, one via GBean and another one via the native
configuration mechanism, which may cause trouble to users.

No more than a couple of hours ago, I was trying to make sense of a
port conflict related to the ActiveMQ Broker trying to bind to the
same port whatever the value of PortOffSet. I figured out that I had
to change the port configuration in the activemq.xml configuration
file of the instance I was trying to start. The typical user
expectation is that PortOffset should be honored whatever the
configuration style.

I do not have a solution; though I wanted to report on this bad
experience.

Thanks,
Gianny

Begin forwarded message: