geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <>
Subject Re: G download stats
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:50:04 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2009, at 2:40 PM, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>> I'm sure most of you know about Vadim's Apache stats project for
>> tracking download statistics for the verious Apache projects:
>> <>
>> A fun little project but exceedingly difficult (not to mention time
>> consuming) for Vadim to dig into the details of each project in order
>> to present project stats with finer details.
>> Just out of curiosity, I did some Ruby hacking to modify Vadim's
>> apache log mining script to filter out Geronimo project data with
>> finer resolution.  Here are the results:
>> <>
> BTW, if I understand what you are counting, then these statistics only
> represent some fraction of the actual downloads (i.e. the downloads
> from
> <>
> Downloads from the various Apache mirrors would not be counted...
> Wondering if hits to the mirroring system
> (e.g. ) would yield a
> more accurate statistic.
> --kevan
These stats include downloads redirected to the mirrors.   I do count
the redirects for download artifacts by closer.cgi.   As expected, I
have no way to determine if a redirect was successful... very possible
some fractions of hits are duplicates (i.e., a mirror failed and the
client came back for another mirror).

View raw message