geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r732486 - /geronimo/server/trunk/framework/modules/geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/config/
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 04:28:48 GMT
Hi David, I'm concerned that an index of everything "findable" might be
prohibitively large. I've noticed that some of the resources that are searched
for are class files, which would mean we'd also have to maintain the string
representation of every class file (e.g., "javax/servlet/jsp/JspException.class")
in the classloader hierarchy in that index. Or am I mis-understanding what you're
suggesting ??

David Jencks wrote:
> I was wondering if we wanted to index everything that _is_ findable up
> front...
> david jencks
> On Jan 8, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> Hmm. Is there a HashCache or BoundedHashSet, or similar? Something
>> that would limit the maximum number of unknown resources that we'll
>> try to remember... Otherwise, we'll try to allocate an infinite amount
>> of memory if somebody is silly enough to search for an infinite number
>> of non-existent resources...
>> --kevan

View raw message