geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] 2.2 release targets .... slip-sliding away
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:06:16 GMT

We were planning (hoping) to branch the 2.2 release this Friday (1/9)
with a release candidate the following week (1/16).  It's now looking
like that is far from happening.  We still have a number of tck issues
to resolve and dependencies on other projects that first must be released.

As I see it, these are the major issues that must be resolved (see
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-22-release-status.html for a
complete list):
1. Axis2 1.5 (and dependencies) must be released. - Jarek
2. CXF 2.1.4 must be released. - Jarek
3. xBean 3.5 must be released. - Anybody (Joe will cover if necessary)
4. geronimo-jaspi and jaspi spec must be released or removed - David J.
5. ActiveMQ 5.3 must be released (after tck issues are resolved) David J.
6. OpenEJB 3.1.1 must be released (after tck issues are resolved) David B.
7. selenium-maven-plugin 1.0 must be released (or we live with the FF3
issues and revert). Jason D.
8. All tck issues must be resolved and we hope to certify using 1.6
Jason W. coordinating this.

Those are the major issues as I see it.  There are other functions still
being worked (such as custom assemblies, plugin profiles, doc, samples,
gshell enhancements and possible release, Genesis possible release,
taglibs jstl possible release, etc...)  ... but I think the issues
listed above are the show stoppers and the long pole items that will
dictate the schedule.

So the question is this:  Do we think that we can resolve these issues
and deliver a release candidate yet this month?  I think we would need
to branch no later than 1/23 to make this happen - just a little over
2.5 weeks.  We would need all dependencies released and all tck issues
resolved by then to make it happen.  Do you think this is feasible?

Thanks,
Joe