geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: deployment without credentials
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:16:02 GMT
I believe the offline deploy command only works on the local machine.

Basically it starts up enough of geronimo to do the deployment.

Since if you can do this you can start all of geronimo, muck up all
the config files, erase the server, install malicious plugins by file
operations and editing config.xml, etc etc, I don't see the point in
requiring any credentials for mere offline deployment.  At best it
will obscure the possibilities for direct damage.

thanks
david jencks