geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest_Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we use JAX-RPC and JAX-WS in the same time in a JEE application?
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:51:06 GMT

Finally, I got through the problem I encountered. I add some configs to
web.war/web-inf/webservices.xml
<webservice-description>
        <webservice-description-name>Trade JAX-WS
Impl</webservice-description-name>
        <port-component>
            <port-component-name>TradeJWSPort</port-component-name>
            <wsdl-service
xmlns:p1="http://jaxws.daytrader.samples.geronimo.apache.org">p1:TradeJWSService</wsdl-service>
				<wsdl-port
xmlns:p2="http://jaxws.daytrader.samples.geronimo.apache.org">p2:TradeJWSPort</wsdl-port>
            <enable-mtom>false</enable-mtom>

<service-endpoint-interface>org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.jaxws.Trade</service-endpoint-interface>
            <service-impl-bean>
                <servlet-link>TradeImplwJAXWS</servlet-link>
            </service-impl-bean>
        </port-component>
    </webservice-description>

Then the code get working. But I still have a question is that why we need a
configuration like that. I tried disabling JAX-RPC impl of daytrader web
service, then no any configuration for the JAX-WS impl, the Geronimo can
work and generate correct web service wsdl to make daytrader work.

But when I want to use JAX-RPC and JAX-WS at the same time, why
configuration is needed?

Please anyone can light me on this?

Thanks in advance!