geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shawn Jiang" <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Lots of [ERROR] "The protocol for the JAR file's URL is not supported" in the build log.
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 05:20:36 GMT
I'm building the Geronimo truck from source code.  I found there are
many [ERROR] "The protocol for the JAR file's URL is not supported" in
the build log like following.

-------------------------------------
[ERROR] The protocol for the JAR file's URL is not supported
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Only local file jars are
supported jar:file:/D:/ws/gtrunck/
server_repo/org/apache/geronimo/configs/system-database/2.2-SNAPSHOT/system-database-2.2-SNAPSHOT.ca
r!/rar/tranql-connector-1.4.jar
    org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.UrlResourceFinder.cacheUrl(UrlResourceFinder.java:231)
    org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.UrlResourceFinder.rebuildClassPath(UrlResourceFinder.java
:188)
    org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.UrlResourceFinder.addUrls(UrlResourceFinder.java:142)
    org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.UrlResourceFinder.addUrls(UrlResourceFinder.java:127)
    org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader$2.run(JarFileClassLoader.java:153)

This message was thrown in  UrlResourceFinder.cacheUrl() and logged as
ERROR in UrlResourceFinder.rebuildClassPath().

--------------------------------------
 } catch (UnsupportedOperationException ex) {
                        // the protocol for the JAR file's URL is not
supported.  This can occur when
                        // the jar file is embedded in an EAR or CAR
file.  Proceed but log the message.
                        log.error("The protocol for the JAR file's URL
is not supported", ex);
                        continue;
                    }

Since this is just about cache, I think we'd better to log this as
INFO or DEBUG instead of an ERROR so that the user will not be mislead
by a lot of ERRORs in the build log. Any thoughts ?

--
Shawn