geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: license headers
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 05:35:39 GMT

On Dec 6, 2008, at 8:02 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I noticed that one plan file in samples/trunk had an obsolete
> license header.  Does anyone have a tool to check for correct
> headers and the time and inclination to run it on the samples?

Rat checks for Apache src license headers, but doesn't distinguish
between old and new-style headers.

When we first made the change of license headers, I used a simple grep
to look for offenders. I use to run before a release, but looks like a
some bad headers have slipped in...

This works pretty well:

grep -Rni --include=*.java --include=*.xml "copyright 2" *

or

grep -Rni --exclude=NOTICE --exclude=LICENSE "copyright 2" *

--kevan