geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r724558 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: ./ plugingroups/javaee5-jetty/ plugingroups/javaee5-jetty/src/main/history/ plugingroups/javaee5-tomcat/ plugingroups/javaee5-tomcat/src/main/history/ plugins/activemq5/ plugins/activemq5/activemq5
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:12:23 GMT
I don't agree with changing module/config names just to denote we're
using a newer version of a depend.  It had immediate impacts on
Daytrader, Samples and any Users' app that had to refer to server
plugins as a depend, like -

In daytrader/trunk -
daytrader-jetty/pom.xml - <artifactId>geronimo-activemq-ra</artifactId>
daytrader-tomcat/pom.xml - <artifactId>geronimo-activemq-ra</artifactId>

In samples/trunk -
samples/jms-mdb/jms-mdb-ear/pom.xml -
<artifactId>geronimo-activemq-ra</artifactId>

We could have used an artifactAlias, but that seems like a band-aide for
something that was easy to avoid and would have required entries for all
past release and potential 2.1.x future releases in order to not require
users to update their existing JMS apps before moving to 2.2.

Also, AMQ5 support was agreed upon as required for Geronimo 2.2 months
ago, so removing the AMQ4 bits just helps force the issue.

-Donald