geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] DayTrader 2.1.3 release
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:05:26 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> I was thinking of going with what we have, which is to manually install
> the app clients.  There are instructions in the README on how to do that.

I'm confused by this.  The tomcat client plugins *are* built when you do
a local build (as the README mentions) ... and supposedly they can be
installed as plugins according to the README as well (I didn't try this).

So why are these tomcat client car files not included in the
staging-repo content that we are voting on?

We're voting on both the source and the artifacts ... so if the source
when built produces the artifacts it seems like we should be voting on
those too.

BTW, only the tomcat cars exist as an archive file ... there are jetty
versions but they only exist in an unpacked form.

Here are the artifacts for the clients produced by the build:
./daytrader-jetty/target/repository/org/apache/geronimo/daytrader/daytrader-streamer-client/2.1.3/daytrader-streamer-client-2.1.3.car
./daytrader-tomcat/target/daytrader-streamer-client-2.1.3.car
./daytrader-tomcat/target/repository/org/apache/geronimo/daytrader/daytrader-streamer-client/2.1.3/daytrader-streamer-client-2.1.3.car
./daytrader-jetty/target/repository/org/apache/geronimo/daytrader/daytrader-ws-client/2.1.3/daytrader-ws-client-2.1.3.car
./daytrader-tomcat/target/daytrader-ws-client-2.1.3.car
./daytrader-tomcat/target/repository/org/apache/geronimo/daytrader/daytrader-ws-client/2.1.3/daytrader-ws-client-2.1.3.car

Is there some strange build processing that is creating these which is
not honored by the mvn release plugin?

Joe