geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Move monitoring console out of server to plugins?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 14:26:44 GMT
Our track record on releasing independent plugins isn't very good.  It
seems to add a lot of overhead and process for little value.

How about the following:
- Keep the monitoring console in the server svn branch
- Release the monitoring console plugin when the server is released
(versioned to match the server).
- Remove the monitoring console from the javaee5 assemblies.

I know this doesn't provide the same degree of independence but it would
ensure that the plugin is released regularly and we can always fork it
to plugins/trunk if necessary to fix some critical issue if the need arises.

Joe