geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Move monitoring console out of server to plugins?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 01:30:22 GMT
We've discussed at various times trying to make the server build more
manageable by moving peripheral plugins out of the server/trunk/
pluings into plugins/trunk

I'd like to start this by moving monitoring before 2.2.

Any objections?

We have a few options as far as including the console in actual server
assemblies:

1. don't include it.
2. get the monitoring plugins to depend on say g 2.1.4 and include
compatibility stuff so it also works on 2.2 when released
3. follow the following release process for 2.2:

a. release framework.  IMO this should include the maven plugins and
framework assembly, but people argued when I suggested this svn
organization before.
b. release plugins, at an appropriate rate, including monitoring
c. release the assemblies.

I'm happy with any of these approaches or probably any others someone
comes up with but slightly prefer (1) or (3).

thanks
david jencks