geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject private repo in svn questions...
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 01:12:10 GMT
In order to get the build to work with my use of nexus I've added the
trunk svn repo (server/trunk/repository) to the nexus repositories.

This makes me wonder if we should just set up a single repo in svn and
put all our private builds there rather than having branch-specific
repos.  Would this result in more or less or the same load on the svn
server?

I also wonder if our policy of patching apache projects and coming up
with our own psuedo releases is really the best idea or if we should
just copy their code over in svn and build it more directly.

I also discovered a couple of weeks back that the lack of poms in this
repo was causing significant build delays while maven was looking
everywhere it could think of for them so I added them when I could
easily find them in the artifacts.  I think we should add them for the
other artifacts as well.

thanks
david jencks