geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: poms in the G repository?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:36:09 GMT
On Dec 5, 2008, at 3:43 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2008, at 5:55 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Hi I just realized (or rather remembered) that the G repository
>> doesn't include any poms.  This presents a little bit of a problem
>> for integrating the latest GShell which uses Maven2 poms to
>> determine which dependencies to grap/load when installing a GShell
>> command plugin.
>>
>> Any thoughts on including those pom files?
>
> I have no principled objections... I'd like to look over your code a
> bit.

What would you like to look at?  I can point you in the right
direction...

>  Maven typically packages a pom into the artifact.... is there any
> chance of using that pom instead of the separate file?

Yes, but we can't always expect that, since G (at least) flips those
off.

Anyways, I'm going to continue to work on integrating things and
getting a gshell plugin to bootstrap a G server from a minimal gshell
assembly.

--jason