geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r724558 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: ./ plugingroups/javaee5-jetty/ plugingroups/javaee5-jetty/src/main/history/ plugingroups/javaee5-tomcat/ plugingroups/javaee5-tomcat/src/main/history/ plugins/activemq5/ plugins/activemq5/activemq5
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 19:56:30 GMT

On Dec 9, 2008, at 6:26 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> One of 2 good questions...
>
> The ${activemqString} was put in there by Jencks, so I just kept
> using it, but it should probably be removed.
>
> Also, I don't like the renaming to activemq5-* for our modules/cars,
> as now both our Samples and user apps will have to be updated to use
> the new CAR names....
>
> If there are no objections, I'll delete the old activemq plugins and
> rename the activemq5 plugins, so we don't break everyone.

I strongly object.  I'm still in the middle of working on this stuff
so even if I don't have any local uncommitted changes your unilateral
renames are going to cost me several hours rearranging my development
environment.  I also think that there are good reasons to name the
integration code including the version of the integrated code.  I'm
not convinced we will actually be able to get amq 5 into g 2.2 by mid-
january.  I think there's value in letting people know which version
of the integrated product they are using.  We did this for jetty6 and
I think it works OK.  I think the latest actions on this were with
jetty6 so the precedent is to use different names for different
versions.  Changing this policy IMO ought to be discussed. Finally I
think we may want to support both amq 4 and 5 for 2.2.

What immediate problems was this causing you that you couldn't wait
for discussion?  Since when is one hour sufficient time for discussion
on a change of this magnitude?

no thanks
david jencks