geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Reorg of Admin Console for 2.2
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:38:03 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up to discussion.   I am not seeing the
obvious advantage of what you propose and I have the following
specific comments -
1. I kinda like what we currently have, Server and Service.
2. I think we should have a plugin category (if we are going to have
the collapsible tree structure) and put the 3 plugin related portlets
there (install plugin, export plugin and customer server assembly).
Otherwise, I think it is better to have all 3 in one page (I believe
we discussed this before on dev list).
3. I really don't like the Tools name, as it is not concrete.   I'd
rather see stuff organized into specific names instead of a generic
name.
4. I like plan creator under Applications better, as it is today.

Maybe we should not rush the organization of the console navigation in
2.2, given that we are planning it soon.  I 'd rather to see us do it
in one shot, instead of changing it in 2.2 and changing it again in
3.0.
Lin