geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: svn commit: r712326 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: framework/modules/geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/classloader/ framework/modules/geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/config/ framework/modules/geronimo-kerne...
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:38:25 GMT
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your investigations. This is a very good catch.

Based on a cursory review of GeronimoTldLocationsCache, I believe
that the implementation can be improved to remove such a weird
instanceof identification mechanism, which is fragile and increases
coupling to Geronimo class loading internals. Furthermore, the
implementation simply skips any logic, e.g. class loading logic,
which is encapsulated within a class loader. An integration analogy
would be to directly retrieve stuff from a database instead of going
through the application layer providing relevant business logic to
retrieve the stuff you are looking for.

My understanding is that ClassLoader.getResources() can be used to
implement GeronimoTldLocationsCache.scanJars without requiring any
dependency on MCCL and CCCL.

Thanks,
Gianny