geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: 2.2 (trunk) bucket-o-snapshots
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:16:19 GMT
On 13/11/2008, at 5:13 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Gianny Damour wrote:
>> On 12/11/2008, at 10:04 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> It has been mentioned several times that we should be looking to
>>> release Geronimo 2.2 before the end of the year (preferrably mid-
>>> December).
>>>

>>> Before we can consider a release there are a large number of
>>> snapshots that need to be removed/replaced in our project.  Can
>>> anybody shed any light on these (or others that I may have missed)?
>>>
>>> -wadi 2.1-SNAPSHOT.  Is this snapshot really required (I presume
>>> it must be)?  In branches/2.1 we're using 2.0.  What function
>>> requires 2.1-SNAPSHOT and is can somebody directly involved with
>>> wadi provide an estimate on when this might be released?
>> I will release WADI 2.1 whenever a release version is required for
>> Geronimo.
>
> Thanks Gianny.  Is there any reason to avoid pursuing a release
> now? Are you anticipating more changes from Geronimo or other
> projects soon?  Any snapshot dependencies that we can quickly
> remove will help us more keenly focus on those that require a bit
> more effort.

Well, I am working on and off on WADI cache, which will provide a
distributed, replicated and transactional cache. Have a look here

https://svn.codehaus.org/wadi/trunk/wadi/wadi-cache/src/test/java/org/
codehaus/wadi/cache/demo/Main.java

if you want to see a sample. Obviously, if people are interested to
help, then please ping me.

I understand where you are coming from. Rest assure that the cut of a
WADI release is not a severe dependency for Geronimo 2.2. What do you
think of me cutting a release end November, say the week-end of
November 29th?

Thanks,
Gianny