geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What will trunk become after we create the 2.2 branch?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:10:39 GMT
It seems to me that 3.0 (with Java EE 6) is pretty far off and 2.3
release (with Java EE 5) is far more probable by then. But we do
definitely need a place to work on EE 6 things and so we can make
trunk EE 6 focused but at the same time I think we need a place where
we can put code destined for future releases that are EE 5 certified.
For example, something like "branches/2.x" (literally) that would act
like a "trunk" for future EE 5 certified releases.

Jarek