geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Cai" <greensi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run Geronimo as a Windows service
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:45:32 GMT
Thanks a lot Donald!

So if we make this as a plugin (well, it's really a windows exe), we will
not be able to install it to the bin directory, right? If this is the case,
then it might not be conveniet for the users to control the service using
command line.

Another option is to create different assembly configuration for different
OS. This is very easy to achieve by adding more pom.xml to the assemblies
directory. This can also help to eliminate *.sh for Windows assemblies and
*.bat for Unix/Linux assemblies. But I guess creating OS-specific build is
something that Geronimo has been avoiding to do?

- Jack Cai