geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Only Support Java SE 6 with Geronimo 2.2
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:54:29 GMT
OK, given the info from Dan about CXF and JAXB, I withdraw my suggestion
to only use the JAXB/JAXWS shipped in Java SE 6, which also means there
is no good reason to only support Java SE 6 for runtime....

So, to summarize:
1) we continue on the path of including a JAXB/JAXWS in the assemblies
2) we will only JEE5 certify on Sun Java SE 6
3) we will continue building with Java SE 5 and not block users from
using it as their runtime JVM, but we'll recommend that everyone use
Java SE 6 used for certification

-Donald