geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: 2.2 (trunk) bucket-o-snapshots
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:30:20 GMT
Updated information below on our snapshots (and some more
questions/requests).

Joe Bohn wrote:
> It has been mentioned several times that we should be looking to release
> Geronimo 2.2 before the end of the year (preferrably mid-December).
>

> Before we can consider a release there are a large number of snapshots
> that need to be removed/replaced in our project.  Can anybody shed any
> light on these (or others that I may have missed)?
>

> OpenEJB 3.1-SNAPSHOT  - Actually, OpenEJB 3.1 was released in late
> October.  However, the trunk version was never updated and some
> additional changes have been included.  Recent changes in Geronimo trunk
> now require this snapshot that is actually newer than the 3.1 release.
> IMO we should revert the trunk change and attempt to work with the
> released OpenEJB 3.1.

- udpated to OpenEJB 3.1.1-SNAPSHOT.  Once it looks like we have clean
tck runs with OpenEJB we need to push for a release.

> Axis2 SNAPSHOT (yep, it's just SNAPSHOT without a number).  IIUC
> correctly we need to get an Axis2 release before we can consider a
> Geronimo 2.2 release.  Does anybody know how close we are to getting an
> Axis2 release?

- Jarek is looking into this and related dependencies

> Axiom SNAPSHOT (yep. it's just SNAPSHOT too).  I believe this is
> required by Axis2 ... so if Axis2 is released then they will have to get
> Axiom released as well (and we can pick up the released version).

- related to Axis2

> -xBean 3.5-SNAPSHOT.  Is this snapshot really required (I presume it
> must be)?  In branches/2.1 we're still using 3.3.  It looks like the
> latest released version is 3.4.3.  I'll give that a shot if I don't hear
> from anybody that we really need 3.5.

David Jencks indicated it was required that we use 3.5.  Can somebody
with commit rights on xBean start to push for a release?

> -wadi 2.1-SNAPSHOT.  Is this snapshot really required (I presume it must
> be)?  In branches/2.1 we're using 2.0.  What function requires
> 2.1-SNAPSHOT and is can somebody directly involved with wadi provide an
> estimate on when this might be released?

- Gianny is going to start a release around 11/29/08.

> -geronimo_j2ee-connector_1.6_spec 1.0-EA-SNAPSHOT.  Are we at a point
> where we can release this spec or do we need to wait until we verify tck?

- David Jencks indicated that we should be able to release a 1.0-EA
version prior to the spec being final.  Should I start looking into that
release David or are you planning to do it?

> - geronimo-jaspi_1.0_spec 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  Are we at a point where we can
> release this spec or do we need to wait until we verify tck?

- David Jencks indicated that the spec was complete but we don't yet
have a tck.  Have you already asked Geir for one or should I?

> - geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec 1.0-EA-SNAPSHOT.  Are we at a point where we
> can release this spec or do we need to wait until we verify tck?

- Another question for David Jencks ... should I start looking into a
release of this?

> - geronimo-jaspi 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  This is a new geronimo component.  How
> close is this to being able to be released?

- and another for David Jencks ... are you closer to a decision on if
this is ready for a release?

> - geronimo-concurrent_1.0_spec 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  How close is this to being
> able to be released?

- I think Jarek is looking into releasing this as something like 1.0-EA
given that it is not yet final.

> - XmlSchema SNAPSHOT (yep, it's just SNAPSHOT).  I believe this is also
> related to Axis2 dependencies and will have to be resolved by Axis2 as
> they release.

- related to Axis2

> - woden* 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  This is also related to Axis2 and will have to
> be resolved for an Axis2 release so we will pull in whatever they require.

- related to Axis2

> - selenium-maven-plugin 1.0-rc-1-SNAPSHOT.  I believe that we pulled
> this in trying to resolve the FF3 issues.  It's not clear to me if we
> would have to remove this SNAPSHOT prior to a release but I think it
> would be best to ensure that the tagged release can always be built and
> run with tests - therefore I think we should remove it.  Any other
> opinions?

- I'm looking into this still

> - jspc-maven-plugin 2.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.  I'm not sure why this is
> updated (in branches/2.1 we use 2.0-alpha-1-20070806).  Anybody know? We
> should remove it.

- I moved us to 2.0-alpha-2

> - jspc-compiler-tomcat6 2.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.  I'm not sure why this was
> updated either.  In branches/2.1 we updated the maven plugin (above) but
> not the compiler but in trunk both were updated to the alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.
>  Anybody know why?

- I moved us to 2.0-alpha-2

> - ianal-maven-plugin  1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.  No doubt to support the new
> legal file processing.  Is there a released version we can use instead
> of the SNAPSHOT or do we need to get a release here are well?

- I moved us to 1.0-alpha-1