geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject grails plugin
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:43:33 GMT
I started some preliminary work on a grails plugin that could be used to
collect all of the grails dependencies so that they can be shared.
Along with this we would need to provide a mechanism to generate a war
file in grails which does not contain any of the common elements.  I'd
like to check in what I have thus far.  There is only one catch.  Some
of the dependencies are Hibernate (LGPL).  I've updated my poms with a
scope of provided for the hibernate dependencies.  Is that sufficient so
that I can check the plugin into our SVN without any legal issues if
somebody installs it?

I'm also interested in additional thoughts on how to deal with the
hibernate dependencies.  Should I consider using prerequisite instead of
dependency so that they must be installed (I'm not yet sure if a grails
application will work without hibernate but I suspect that it should)?

Comments appreciated.  I'd really like to get this checked in under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins so it doesn't get lost
even if it isn't quite ready for prime-time yet.

Joe