geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject 2.2 (trunk) bucket-o-snapshots
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:04:02 GMT
It has been mentioned several times that we should be looking to release
Geronimo 2.2 before the end of the year (preferrably mid-December).

Before we can consider a release there are a large number of snapshots
that need to be removed/replaced in our project.  Can anybody shed any
light on these (or others that I may have missed)?

OpenEJB 3.1-SNAPSHOT  - Actually, OpenEJB 3.1 was released in late
October.  However, the trunk version was never updated and some
additional changes have been included.  Recent changes in Geronimo trunk
now require this snapshot that is actually newer than the 3.1 release.
IMO we should revert the trunk change and attempt to work with the
released OpenEJB 3.1.

Axis2 SNAPSHOT (yep, it's just SNAPSHOT without a number).  IIUC
correctly we need to get an Axis2 release before we can consider a
Geronimo 2.2 release.  Does anybody know how close we are to getting an
Axis2 release?

Axiom SNAPSHOT (yep. it's just SNAPSHOT too).  I believe this is
required by Axis2 ... so if Axis2 is released then they will have to get
Axiom released as well (and we can pick up the released version).

-xBean 3.5-SNAPSHOT.  Is this snapshot really required (I presume it
must be)?  In branches/2.1 we're still using 3.3.  It looks like the
latest released version is 3.4.3.  I'll give that a shot if I don't hear
from anybody that we really need 3.5.

-wadi 2.1-SNAPSHOT.  Is this snapshot really required (I presume it must
be)?  In branches/2.1 we're using 2.0.  What function requires
2.1-SNAPSHOT and is can somebody directly involved with wadi provide an
estimate on when this might be released?

-geronimo_j2ee-connector_1.6_spec 1.0-EA-SNAPSHOT.  Are we at a point
where we can release this spec or do we need to wait until we verify tck?

- geronimo-jaspi_1.0_spec 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  Are we at a point where we can
release this spec or do we need to wait until we verify tck?

- geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec 1.0-EA-SNAPSHOT.  Are we at a point where we
can release this spec or do we need to wait until we verify tck?

- geronimo-jaspi 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  This is a new geronimo component.  How
close is this to being able to be released?

- geronimo-concurrent_1.0_spec 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  How close is this to being
able to be released?

- XmlSchema SNAPSHOT (yep, it's just SNAPSHOT).  I believe this is also
related to Axis2 dependencies and will have to be resolved by Axis2 as
they release.

- woden* 1.0-SNAPSHOT.  This is also related to Axis2 and will have to
be resolved for an Axis2 release so we will pull in whatever they require.

- selenium-maven-plugin 1.0-rc-1-SNAPSHOT.  I believe that we pulled
this in trying to resolve the FF3 issues.  It's not clear to me if we
would have to remove this SNAPSHOT prior to a release but I think it
would be best to ensure that the tagged release can always be built and
run with tests - therefore I think we should remove it.  Any other opinions?

- jspc-maven-plugin 2.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.  I'm not sure why this is
updated (in branches/2.1 we use 2.0-alpha-1-20070806).  Anybody know?
We should remove it.

- jspc-compiler-tomcat6 2.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.  I'm not sure why this was
updated either.  In branches/2.1 we updated the maven plugin (above) but
not the compiler but in trunk both were updated to the alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.
  Anybody know why?

- ianal-maven-plugin  1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.  No doubt to support the new
legal file processing.  Is there a released version we can use instead
of the SNAPSHOT or do we need to get a release here are well?

Joe