geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Only Support Java SE 6 with Geronimo 2.2
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 12:53:50 GMT
I'm not proposing that we put any checks or hard stops in the server to
prevent starting on Java SE 5, but I would like to remove JAXB/JAXWS 2.1
as it comes in Java SE 6 and use the wsgen in the JDKs instead of
shipping some CXF code for Axis2 users.

Free Java SE 5 support/updates end next year, so I don't see why you'd
want to continue supporting it in a 2.2 release that is targeted as a
main release stream for 2009.

-Donald