geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Only Support Java SE 6 with Geronimo 2.2
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:07:41 GMT
Another reason to move to Java SE 6 for Geronimo 2.2, is the below EOSL
statement from Sun on their website -
    http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

"J2SE 5.0 is in its Java Technology End of Life (EOL) transition period.
The EOL transition period began April 8th, 2008 and will complete
October 30th, 2009, when J2SE 5.0 will have reached its End of Service
Life (EOSL)."

If I was deploying new instances or updating existing app servers, I'd
require using Java SE 6 based on the above....

-Donald