geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update on documentation progress of Geronimo v2.2
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:05:32 GMT
I "fixed up" some of the references to GEP pages.  There is some
duplication of GEP info between two sets of pages:  "Development
environment" and "How to install Geronimo Eclipse Plugin".  A couple
of months ago I removed the installation instructions from the former,
and replaced them with a link to the latter.  The idea is to keep this
information in one place.  You can follow the gory details of this
work in GERONIMODEVTOOLS-461.  The plan is that there will be a "How
to install Geronimo Eclipse Plugin" page for each release.  Old and
new releases are children of this page.

The design of "Development environment" page seemed to be to put
everything on one big page.  I don't think this is a good approach.  I
think pages should be shorter and more focused.  For example, breaking
out the installation information.

Hopefully, we can all by in sync moving forward.  I think the GEP doc
needs some work in terms of integrating it into the overall G doc, and
eliminating duplication.  Hopefully this can occur in G 2.2 and
beyond.

Thanks,
Ted Kirby