geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject source-repository (in plugin metadata) and default-repository (in plugin catalog)
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:34:08 GMT
Hi,

We provide source-repository in plugin metadata and default-repository
in plugin catalog.

Currently, (I think this is how it works) when we install a plugin
from a remote repo A, if the installation is not restricted to the
particular repo A:

If the plugin specifies 1+ source-repository, we'll use that and
ignore the default-repository specified in plugin catalog.

If the plugin doesn't specify any source-repository, we'll use the
default-repository specified in the plugin catalog.

I 'd like to change it to:

If the plugin specifies 1+ source-repository, we'll use that AND the
default-repository specified in plugin catalog.

I think that would give us more flexibility.   Thoughts?

P.S. this is related to this thread on user list where a user wants to
install active mq on top of little G env -
http://www.nabble.com/how-to-add-activemq-to-little-g--to19837127s134.html

Lin