geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject boilerplate vs. framework as required plugin for custom server assembly
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:43:54 GMT
Hi,

I have been looking at GERONIMO-4226 today.

For a while, we have been recommending users to pick boilerplate as a
required plugin when assembling a custom server, in order to get a
working server.   However, this working server isn't really working,
as a user won't be able to start the server using gshell (see G4226).

I am proposing to recommend users to pick the framework plugin group
(org.apache.geronimo.plugingroups/framework/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car) as the
required plugin when assembling a custom server, in order to get a
working server.    I don't think this is possible with 2.1.x releases
as the framework plugin group doesn't exist there.   Any issue with
that?  If no, I'll update our code and user docs.

Lin