geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: An idea for defining custom valves in config.xml
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:59:00 GMT
Hi Gianny,

First, I'd like to make sure I understand the philosophy behind your
proposals.  IIUC they both involve the idea of making it easy to
modify an existing plugin rather than making it easy to replace an
existing plugin with a similar one.

Why is this a good idea?  My idea has been that we should make it
easier to replace a plugin with a similar one than modify an existing
one, and then we will have the best of all worlds.

All this being said, I think your ideas are both quite interesting.
I'm especially interested in the groovy builder approach.

I'll be fairly unavailable until next week but might keep thinking
about this anyway.

thanks!
david jencks