geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany Geronimo integration and the SCA JEE spec
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 02:17:58 GMT

On Oct 3, 2008, at 5:57 AM, ant elder wrote:

> I'd like to start spending more time actively working on the Tuscany
> Geronimo integration and having that more support the SCA JEE
> specification (see: [1]). Here is a rough outline of what i'd like
> to do:
>
> The goal of this would be to use Geronimo and Tuscany to create an
> SCA-enabled Java EE runtime, which from the SCA JEE specification
> means "a Java EE runtime that supports deployment and execution of
> SCA-enhanced Java EE applications as well as SCA-enhanced Java EE
> modules."
>
> We already have a start of that with the old Tuscany Geronimo Plugin
> [2] and there's another wiki page thats started to be used to
> capture some requirements at [3]. Currently the old TGP has got out
> of date and doesn't work with any current releases of Geronimo or
> Tuscany so the first thing to do is to get a basic plugin going
> again and then gradually add functionality to it so it does things
> like:

I took a look at Vamsi's recent updates to the Tuscany plugin and
fixed a minor version dependency problem. I can now build, but
installation fails with a NullPointerException:

	at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.WSBindingDefinitionsProvider
$1.run(WSBindingDefinitionsProvider.java:57)
	at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.WSBindingDefinitionsProvider
$1.run(WSBindingDefinitionsProvider.java:56)
	at
org
.apache
.tuscany
.sca
.binding
.ws
.axis2
.WSBindingDefinitionsProvider
.getSCADefinition(WSBindingDefinitionsProvider.java:55)

The NullPointerException is caused because
WSBindingDefinitionsProvider (line 46) is looking for a
URLArtifactProcessor for the
org.apache.tuscany.sca.definitions.SCADefinitions interface. However,
there isn't a processor defined for this interface. Thus the
NullPointerException...

Not sure what should be happening, here...

--kevan