geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany Geronimo integration and the SCA JEE spec
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 14:40:52 GMT

On Oct 8, 2008, at 3:02 AM, ant elder wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Dan Becker <dan.o.becker@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> ant elder wrote:
> Currently the old TGP has got out of date and doesn't
> work with any current releases of Geronimo or Tuscany so the first
> thing to
> do is to get a basic plugin going again and then gradually add
> functionality
> to it so it does things like:
> - adds all Tuscany jars and their dependencys into Geronimo
> - supports existing Tuscany webapps without needing to include any
> Tuscany
> jars or dependencys in the lib directory
> - supports simple jar contributions into a Tuscany standalone node
> - supports Tuscany using Geronimo infrastructure for things such as
> HTTP and
> JMS hosts
> - supports for SCA enabled JEE application local assembly
> - supports SCA wiring across JEE applications and modules
>
> All excellent goals. Additionally I would like to see how trimmed
> and lean we can make this platform. Can we make it the smallest
> footprint, quickest bringup SCA runtime out there?
>
> --
> Thanks, Dan Becker
>
> Sounds good. We could look at using the Geronimo Little-G and
> Framework distributions to base that on.

Right. This is where I'm interested in the Tuscany/Geronimo
integration... Once we have a working Tuscany plugin, this type of
integration will be nearly automatic... You could install the tuscany
plugin and generate a custom assembly. Will also want to add a server
assembly stage to the plugin build. So, that a geronimo-tuscany server
assembly would be created as part of the tuscany plugin build.

Ultimately, I think we'll want to split the Tuscany plugin into
multiple parts -- rather than one big plugin -- so that a server can
only contain only the functionality that application(s) require.

--kevan