geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Framework assembly problems with commands
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:54:37 GMT

On Oct 14, 2008, at 1:01 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Joe Bohn wrote:
>> David Jencks wrote:

>>> IMO framework is intended only to support plugin installation, not
>>> any kind of deployment such as using geronimo-gbean-deployer for
>>> service plugins.  So, I don't want to try to support offline
>>> deployment until we have a way of plugging things into gshell so
>>> we can add offline deployment capabilities to a base gshell install.
>> Ok.  Earlier today I added jsr88-cli and offline-deployer to the
>> framework assembly.  I can remove the offline-deployer as it
>> appears that the jsr88-cli module is all that is needed for the
>> scenario I was attempting.
>> However, I'm not sure what to do about geronimo-gbean-deployer.
>> This is pulled into the image when I include jsr88-cli and
>> started.  Is there a better way to get the plugin installation
>> working (for things like search-plugins) that won't pull in the
>> geronimo-gbean-deployer?
>
> Hmmm ... correction.  For branches/2.1 jsr88-cli seems to pull in
> and start geronimo-gbean-deployer.  However in trunk the geronimo-
> gbean-deployer is not included at all.

I'm not sure I care what happens in branches/2.1.

For trunk I'd prefer to drop all scripts that dont use gshell or
convert them to use gshell.  If this means we lose offline deployment
I'm OK with that, although I kinda doubt it will since that would
involve starting geronimo inside gshell so all of the g. repo would be
available and we wouldn't need to depend on gshell extensibility (?).

thanks
david jencks