geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where will ee6 development take place?
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:32:37 GMT

On Oct 15, 2008, at 7:50 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I realize I've been assuming that we'll just develop ee6 features in
> trunk and release 2.2 with a bunch or all of ee6 implemented.  I
> have some connector 1.6 stuff I'm about to commit....
>
> This attitude might cause tck problems especially with signature
> tests.  On the other hand maybe we can get signature updates.
>
> What do other people think we should do?

I'm all for making progress w/ Java EE 6 items. However, It's highly
doubtful that we'll see tck updates for specs which are not even in
public draft form. So, I' wouldn't be too hopeful that we'll see
timely Java EE 5 TCK updates from Sun. I think we should plan
accordingly and have Java EE 5 configurations that we're able to
target our compliance efforts on.

--kevan