geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis2 and cxf dependencies
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:28:59 GMT
We use Spring to configure CXF at runtime. As to jaxen, I'm pretty
sure we can remove it (it is already removed in trunk but would have
to double check for branches/2.1).

In my opinion this is a general problem with ClassLoaders in Geronimo.
Right now the application classloaders can see all the classes but
they should really only see the public api. I think a lot of people
keep running into these library conflicts issues and we should address
it somehow.

I don't think changing how we manage the default environment settings
alone will fix this problem - it might minimize it by a bit but not
solve it. And as far as I remember, we changed how the default
environment settings were handled in the first place (we used to add
them when needed) because of annotation processing introduced in 2.0.

Jarek