geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Framework assembly problems with commands
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:55:52 GMT
Comments inline:

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
> It seems that a number of the commands stopped working on the framework
> assembly sometime between the release of 2.1.1 and 2.1.2.   The problem
> persists in 2.1.3, branches/2.1, and trunk.
>
> These are problems using the shell/batch commands.  I know we want to move
> over completely to gshell ... but shouldn't these still be working now?
>  There are no gshell equivalents for some of these (such as search-plugins).

All these commands have GShell equivalents but they just might be
named slightly differently (e.g. seach-plugins == list-plugins).
However, the GShell equivalents might not support all the features of
the commands (e.g. --offline is not supported in GShell).

> Commands such as search-plugins, list-targets, list-modules, and perhaps
> others result in the following error:
>
> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /Users/bohn/g-images/2.1.2/geronimo-framework-2.1.2
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /Users/bohn/g-images/2.1.2/geronimo-framework-2.1.2
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException: No GBeans found:
> [?#org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.Main]
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicRegistry.getGBeanInstance(BasicRegistry.java:153)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getGBean(BasicKernel.java:286)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getGBean(BasicKernel.java:282)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:100)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:59)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:38)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)
>
> Any pointers?  That's all there really is.  There's nothing in the logs.

If basic deployment should work in the framework assembly we must also
install "jsr88-cli" and "offline-deployer" plugins. Once I installed
these plugins I was able to do list-targets, list-modules. I have not
tried to deploy a new plugin though.

Jarek