geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany Geronimo integration and the SCA JEE spec
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 03:44:33 GMT

On Oct 6, 2008, at 10:17 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2008, at 5:57 AM, ant elder wrote:
>
>> I'd like to start spending more time actively working on the
>> Tuscany Geronimo integration and having that more support the SCA
>> JEE specification (see: [1]). Here is a rough outline of what i'd
>> like to do:
>>
>> The goal of this would be to use Geronimo and Tuscany to create an
>> SCA-enabled Java EE runtime, which from the SCA JEE specification
>> means "a Java EE runtime that supports deployment and execution of
>> SCA-enhanced Java EE applications as well as SCA-enhanced Java EE
>> modules."
>>
>> We already have a start of that with the old Tuscany Geronimo
>> Plugin [2] and there's another wiki page thats started to be used
>> to capture some requirements at [3]. Currently the old TGP has got
>> out of date and doesn't work with any current releases of Geronimo
>> or Tuscany so the first thing to do is to get a basic plugin going
>> again and then gradually add functionality to it so it does things
>> like:
>
> I took a look at Vamsi's recent updates to the Tuscany plugin and
> fixed a minor version dependency problem. I can now build, but
> installation fails with a NullPointerException:

> 	at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.WSBindingDefinitionsProvider
> $1.run(WSBindingDefinitionsProvider.java:57)
> 	at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.WSBindingDefinitionsProvider
> $1.run(WSBindingDefinitionsProvider.java:56)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .tuscany
> .sca
> .binding
> .ws
> .axis2
> .WSBindingDefinitionsProvider
> .getSCADefinition(WSBindingDefinitionsProvider.java:55)
>
> The NullPointerException is caused because
> WSBindingDefinitionsProvider (line 46) is looking for a
> URLArtifactProcessor for the
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.definitions.SCADefinitions interface.
> However, there isn't a processor defined for this interface. Thus
> the NullPointerException...
>
> Not sure what should be happening, here...

K. The plugin needed a new dependency for tuscany-definitions-xml
(thanks for the info Luciano). Plugin builds and installs for me -- I
haven't tried to use it... I do see one WARNING:

WARNING: Exception starting module
org
.apache
.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.module.DataBindingModuleActivator :org/
apache/tuscany/sca/databinding/jaxb/XMLAdapterExtensionPoint

--kevan