geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <>
Subject Re: EclipseWorld 2008
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:22:39 GMT
Hi Dan, thanks for reviewing them. I basically went through the overview slides
very rapidly to start into the demos right away. Then after each demo we reviewed
which components of the overall Java EE 5 platform architecture were
used/exercised. That's why the overview diagram is repeated after each demo. I
thought both demos classes went very well, and based on the cursory feedback from
the attendees, it seems to be a much better approach then doing slides alone.
Also, I had so many demos ready for Part 2 that the attendees were able to pick
and choose those they were most interested in seeing......

Dan Becker wrote:
> Hey Tim,
> I just wanted to say I downloaded and read your slides, and I found them
> to be very informative and helpful. Especially the demos.
> Your two presentations are 35 and 26 slides. Are you skipping over many
> of the slides in the live demos?
> Tim McConnell wrote:
>> Hi, I'm at EclipseWorld 2008 this week. On Wednesday morning I'll be
>> leading two sessions about using Geronimo and the GEP to develop Java
>> EE 5 applications. In response to some of the feedback I received last
>> year, I've decided to make these sessions more interactive (and
>> hopefully more interesting) by using only a very few presentation
>> slides, and instead will be executing many of the GEP/Geronimo
>> tutorials we've accumulated and documented in the past year or so. My
>> goal is to spark more questions and interest since they'll see many of
>> the capabilities of the GEP and Geronimo live in action and they'll be
>> encouraged to execute the demos along with me if they wish. So, if
>> you'd like to review what slides and demos I'll be using they can be
>> found below. As always review comments are welcome and appreciated.
>> Thanks.
>> ----->

>> ----->

Tim McConnell