geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <>
Subject Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty Security refactoring for JASPI
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 05:54:11 GMT
Hi David,

I'll reply to your reply in a later posting. For now, I just noticed
something odd in the ConstraintSecurityHandler. If checkUserDataPermissions()
notices the request was received on the wrong connector (ie on http instead of
https) and does a redirect, the AbstractSecurityHandler.handle() method goes
ahead and subjects the request to JASPI authentication. It seems to me that
at that point we want to stop processing the request altogether. It will
be the redirected request that we're interested in processing further
(either doing the auth or doing a redirect to a login form).