geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Creating server instances
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:08:31 GMT
I can create a server instance now. :-)

However, I was under the impression that this would clone the existing
server instance.  Is there still more to be done for that or did I

I started with the tomcat javaee5 server assembly and ran the
new-instance gshell command expecting to get a second server instance
that looked exactly like the javaee5 tomcat instance.  I then changed
the port offset for the new instance, updated the server name in
GERONIMO_OPTS, and started the new server instance.  The new instance is
basically just a bootstrap assembly.  As you can see from the messages
below, it looks like just RMI Naming and JMX Remoting Connector were

Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_16)...
Starting Geronimo Application Server v2.2-SNAPSHOT
[****************************************] 100%   1s Startup complete

   Listening on Ports:
     1109 RMI Naming
    10009 JMX Remoting Connector

Geronimo Application Server started

David Jencks wrote:
> umm..., added, now you can find the next thing I left out :-/
> david jencks
> On Oct 29, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>> David,
>> I think you must have forgotten something in the check-in.  When I
>> attempt to create a new instance I get the following error from gshell:
>> /> deploy/new-instance -n myserver1
>> ERROR NotFoundException: geronimo-commands:new-server-instance
>> Joe
>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> This sounds really cool David!  I'm hoping to give it a test drive soon.
>>> Joe

View raw message