geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Creating server instances
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:08:31 GMT
I can create a server instance now. :-)

However, I was under the impression that this would clone the existing
server instance.  Is there still more to be done for that or did I
misunderstand?

I started with the tomcat javaee5 server assembly and ran the
new-instance gshell command expecting to get a second server instance
that looked exactly like the javaee5 tomcat instance.  I then changed
the port offset for the new instance, updated the server name in
GERONIMO_OPTS, and started the new server instance.  The new instance is
basically just a bootstrap assembly.  As you can see from the messages
below, it looks like just RMI Naming and JMX Remoting Connector were
started.

Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_16)...
Starting Geronimo Application Server v2.2-SNAPSHOT

   Listening on Ports:
     1109 127.0.0.1 RMI Naming
    10009 127.0.0.1 JMX Remoting Connector

Geronimo Application Server started