geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DSICUSS] Release specs-parent 1.6
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:23:46 GMT
On the vote thread David Jencks asked the question:
Which specs do we need to release before genesis 2 is available?

I have no idea if there are specs that need to be released soon or when
genesis 2 will be released (or specs-parent based on genesis 2).
However, I do believe that what we just released for genesis 1.5 will
help generate better maven site content.

There have been changes in the following specs which leads me to believe
that there may be releases in the not-too-distant:
- javamail
- jacc
- j2ee-connector

If we have to wait for genesis 2, and subsequently specs-parent based on
that it might delay a spec release.  There might also be a few kinks yet
to be worked out.  So, in the interim I think it makes sense to release
specs-parent 1.6 based on genesis 1.5 that is ready to go if an
individual spec release is necessary.  It if turns out that we get
genesis 2 and specs-parent 1.7 out prior to any individual spec and
leverage that instead I won't be offended.

Joe