geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject axis2 and cxf dependencies
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:49:49 GMT
Does anybody know why these dependencies are needed?

- plugins/cxf/cxf/pom.xml contains a dependency on the spring plugin
(org.apache.geronimo.configs/spring//car).

- plugins/axis2/axis2/pom.xml conains a dependency on the jaxen jar.

These are causing some problems when attempting to deploy Grails
applications into Geronimo.  We can bypass the problems by setting
springframework and jaxen as hidden-classes in the deployment plan for
the Grails application.  However, I was wondering why these are being
pulled in at all.  I discovered that I can build just fine (including
the integration tests) with these two entries omitted in branches/2.1.

There are other issues around this that David mentioned on the user list
(better management of the default environment settings so they are only
pulled in if really needed) ... but it might be more appropriate fix for
this specific problem if the dependencies are really not necessary at all.

Joe