geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject [VOTE] Release Genesis 1.5 - take 3
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:01:23 GMT
This is a vote for Genesis 1.5.

Take 3:
In addition to take 1 & take 2 this includes a more appropriate javadoc
max memory setting.

Take 2:
Same as take 1 except for replacing the hard-coded dependency on
geronimo-skin from 1.5-SNAPSHOT with 1.5 (this release).

Take 1:
While trying to get site generation improved for the specs, I discovered
that I needed a few minor changes to genesis.  It's been a while since
we released a 1.x version of Genesis, so this also includes other
changes as well.  AFAIK this release includes these changes:
   - updated maven-plugin versions
   - updated default of uniqueVersion=false for apache-snapshots
   - improved multi-project support (such as for samples & server)
   - improved site generation for dependent projects (specs)
   - elimination of tools-maven-plugin and added configuration for
ianal-maven-plugin which now verifies legal files.

The rat-maven-plugin has been used to check the source and passed.

Staging repo (maven artifacts):
   http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/genesis/

SVN source location:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/genesis/tags/genesis-1.5

Generated Maven Site:
   http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/genesis/1.5/index.html

The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Friday (10/24) at
5:00 PM ET.

[ ] +1  Release Genesis 1.5
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Genesis 1.5 and reason why

Thanks,
Joe