geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Java doc is Geronimo 2.0.1 API
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:18:30 GMT
I built and checked in the server 2.1.3 javadocs.  This seemed to be the
most expedient thing to do but there are some concerns:

#1 This is a huge amount of content to include in svn.  I think infra
will not be happy with us.
#2 Given #1, I debated deleting the 2.0.1 javadoc.  However, this won't
save anything given that svn must keep the history.  It will save anyone
from getting all of the 2.0.1 content if they check out the site trunk.
  What do you think, should we delete or keep 2.0.1 javadoc?
#3 Also given #1, it's probably a good thing that we haven't done this
for each release.  Perhaps we should just do this once for each major
version?  Thoughts?
#4 We had discussed using the maven generated site rather than
distributing this javadoc.  However that also presents some problems:
- Currently it doesn't build for tags/2.1.3 (at least not for me).
- When it does build, the javadoc is per module/project.  So rather than
a complete view of javadoc as with that just checked in you must first
navigate to the module of interest and then you can view the javadoc for
that module. This doesn't seem as useful to me.

I'm not sure if I want to take the time to investigate the mvn site
issues right now .... anybody else interested?

Joe