geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject javadoc for server source
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:30:52 GMT
I think it was Jarek that first raised the alert that the javadoc
available for the server on our website is still pointing to 2.0.1.

I took a look into generating some updated javadoc for 2.1.3 but
encountered a problem and wonder if anybody has any ideas.

While attempting to build the javadoc using the maven javadoc plugin I
continually get a OutOfMemoryErrors.  This persists even if I set -Xmx
to the max (2048).

After some google searches I stumbled on this and was hopeful it might
be culprit [1] given that we have several "<attribute" entries in
comments that javadoc might attempt to process as address tags.  However
even after encoding the "<" to &lt; for each "<attribute" in a comment I
still encountered the same problem.

Any ideas?

There are some directions on generating the javadoc located here if you
want to give it a shot yourself:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/trunk/JavaDoc.readme
Perhaps this has something to do with the java version on my mac.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200712.mbox/%3C52bab8690712030735g4a4f8a55y9eb34034d0469c94@mail.gmail.com%3E
and the referenced bug

Thanks,