geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dojo-tomcat/jetty6
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:42:47 GMT
Ivan,

The location that you saw is correct (as of Dojo version 1.x).

Ever since they (Dojo) began releases of Dojo that include dijit and
dojox (those started with 0.9), they have nested those folders within a
parent dojo folder.

So, the folder structure should be:
--dojo
----dojo
      dojo.js
      <everything else that base dojo needs>
----dijit
      <whatever is in dijit>

And the path you would need to specify to access the dojo.js file would be:

http://localhost:8080/dojo/dojo/dojo.js

It still feels like an extra level of directories (to me also).  But the
only alternative to that would be for us to break apart the release from
Dojo into multiple plugins.  Then, there would be a dojo plugin and a
dijit plugin.  But for Geronimo's use of Dojo (and I would assume most
others) the widgets are a big part of the draw - and splitting Dojo
apart would be adding extra work to make things more complicated for us
and users.

Jay

Ivan wrote:
> After running mvn install on my local svn folder, I checked the file
> dojo-tomcat-2.2-SNAPSHOT.car in the target folder, it has the same structure
> with the previous one.
>
> ---dojo---dojo
>          ---dijit
> ---WEB-INF
> ---MENTA-INF
>
> Adding the web context "dojo", I guess we still need
> /dojo/dojo/dojo/dojo.js, have I missed anything ?
>

> 2008/10/14 Jay D. McHugh <jaydmchugh@gmail.com>
>
>> Ivan,
>>
>> Have you had a chance to try a newer snapshot?
>>
>> Is Dojo showing up in the correct location for you?
>>
>> Jay
>>
>> Ivan wrote:
>>> Just find in the newest snapshot, after I manually install the dojo
>> plugin,
>>> it has an extra folder "dojo", currently when we want the refer to
>> dojo.js,
>>> the url will be /dojo/dojo/dojo/dojo.js.
>>> I suggest to repackage the dojo-mini.zip file.

>> users

>> in
  Any

automatically