geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Framework assembly problems with commands
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:39:36 GMT
It seems that a number of the commands stopped working on the framework
assembly sometime between the release of 2.1.1 and 2.1.2.   The problem
persists in 2.1.3, branches/2.1, and trunk.

These are problems using the shell/batch commands.  I know we want to
move over completely to gshell ... but shouldn't these still be working
now?  There are no gshell equivalents for some of these (such as
search-plugins).

Commands such as search-plugins, list-targets, list-modules, and perhaps
others result in the following error:

Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /Users/bohn/g-images/2.1.2/geronimo-framework-2.1.2
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /Users/bohn/g-images/2.1.2/geronimo-framework-2.1.2
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException: No GBeans found:
[?#org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.Main]
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicRegistry.getGBeanInstance(BasicRegistry.java:153)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getGBean(BasicKernel.java:286)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getGBean(BasicKernel.java:282)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:100)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:59)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:38)
	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)

Any pointers?  That's all there really is.  There's nothing in the logs.

I guess we haven't had anybody testing installing plugins into the
framework recently ...

Thanks,
Joe